All of the information you need to help you see why you should choose CFGS Sixth Form is available within this section of the website for you to navigate through at your own pace to explore and personalise for your interests. There is a guide on the menu opposite to help you on your journey to Aspire, Believe, Achieve.
As a large and vibrant Sixth form we are able to offer a wide range of Level 3 and 2 courses all of which have clear progression routes beyond Year 13. Additionally the quality of teaching is very high and this is matched by our high quality tutoring. Together this translates in our students achieving very well - in 2021 88% of our students were offered places at universities, and over a third of which were at Russell Group universities.
Our Sixth form is based in its own building – Aspire. Here you will enjoy and benefit from excellent teaching facilities including dedicated Sixth form ICT suites, quiet working zones, a library, prayer room and your own dining areas in the Café and Common Room that opens out onto our rooftop terrace with views of London.
You will be joining a school with a tradition of high expectations which over the years have translated into clear outcomes for all our students. You can expect to be set challenging target grades that you will need to work hard to achieve. Our expectations are that every day and in every lesson and tutorial you will:
- Be curious, constantly asking questions, reading around your subject, keeping up to date with current affairs and enjoying your learning.
- Challenge yourself to be the very best that you can, making the most of every opportunity – experiencing something new every half term, and challenging your own opinions and views as well as those held by others.
- Show real independence, working hard when no-one is watching, showing high levels of initiative and ensuring that you are always fully prepared for every lesson.
- Be determined to overcome any difficulties that may happen and readily ask for help if and when it is needed.
In return for this high level of commitment, we can assure you that our teachers, tutors, mentors and support staff at CFGS Sixth Form will be just as dedicated in supporting you to achieve your very best. Our aim is that when you leave our Sixth Form, you are confident and fully equipped to take on the many challenges in your chosen new pathway.
Browsing this website will give you a clear idea of our courses on offer, their entry criteria and what it is like to study and achieve high grades at CFGS Sixth form. If you think you have what it takes to be a student at CFGS Sixth Form then we would be delighted to receive your application which is accessible from the 'Apply for Sixth Form' page. Make sure that you apply early as we always have many more applicants than spaces available.
Our CFGS6 vision is ‘Aspire. Believe. Achieve.’ It is this vision that we have high expectations for all Year 12 students to believe in themselves and succeed with us regardless of their Post 18 pathway. We focus on 3 key priorities this year;
1) To support students in effectively transitioning to a CFGS6 mindset, developing positive habits and routines, whilst offering them opportunities for greater independence, leadership, and challenge.
2)To promote and encourage enrichment activities and opportunities to develop their skills and personal qualities. These range from virtual subject lectures, taster courses at university, subject pathway events, leadership forums and MOOCS.
3) To empower and guide students to choose a post 18 pathway for their future success. Through virtual work experience, Post 18 Days, University and Apprenticeship Fair, MedSoc, Unifrog events, The Girls Network and TAP mentoring to name a few.
Students in Year 13 are driven by the three-pronged action plan of ‘Apply. Prepare. Attain.’ It is at this stage that students intensely shape the vision and plans for their future and network with industries and professionals. They relish the exploration of the various progression pathways, such as apprenticeships, the world of work and going to university. The cohort enjoys intellectual stimulation and debate but also makes time for relaxed social interaction in the Aspire Café and on our roof garden.
Being the seniors in the school, Year 13s use their collective voice for activism, charity work, social change and positive influence. They hone their leadership skills by spearheading and managing projects across the school and in the local community. They take advantage of the rewards of seniority, such as non-uniform and the responsible use of mobile phones in dedicated spaces in the Aspire building.
In essence, our final year students live and breathe the CFGS6 mantra, ‘Aspire. Believe. Achieve.’