Our curriculum promotes curiosity and a thirst for knowledge about the world around us. Our curriculum will enable our students to develop a skill set which will allow them to become confident learners and ask questions about the world around them. We have a holistic approach to learning at key Stage three, four and five which will give students a foundation to build on for their next stage. Thus, ensuring a range of key skills, knowledge and understanding are covered and assessed to prepare a student for the challenges of KS4 and KS5. Our students will develop skills inside and outside the classroom through a series of fieldwork activities and visits to broaden their knowledge, understanding and skill set. The three aspects of students’ achievements in geography are:
- Contextual world knowledge of locations, places and geographical features.
- Understanding of the conditions processes and interactions that explain features and distributions, patterns and changes over time and space.
- Competence in geographical enquiry the application of skills in observing collecting, analysing, mapping and communicating geographical.
Through the programme our students will develop essential tools for learning which can be applied across subjects and in the wider world. Students will be inspired to continue the study of Geography at KS4 and Post 16 and learners will ‘think like a geographer’.
Enrichment and extra-curricular opportunities
- Epping Forest fieldtrip – River studies
- Stratford and Hackney Wick fieldtrips - Regeneration
- Flatford Mills residential – Regeneration in Ipswich
- Walton on the Naze fieldtrip – Coasts
- University trips and lectures
- Stepping Stones programme with Queen Mary University
- Wider reading and viewing recommendations
- Museum visits
Subject Overview and Curriculum Map
To contact the Geography Department please email: Geography@central.towerhamlets.sch.uk.
Alternatively, you can use our contact form.
|Mrs R. Rehman
|Head of Geography
|Ms R. Begum
|Teacher of Geography / Student Council Co-ordinator
|Ms H. Houghton
|Teacher of Geography / Head of Year 12
|Ms. H McKenzie
|Teacher of Geography