Why work for us?
Central Foundation Girls’ School is a thriving and over-subscribed comprehensive school in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, firmly rooted in the local community and boasting excellent examination results.
At Central Foundation, we are committed to our vision of “transforming lives through a Central education”. We believe that by providing the highest quality education for our students, they are empowered to be positive and successful contributors to the world beyond school. You just have to meet our students and hear them speak about the school and opportunities they receive here.
Our latest Ofsted Inspection from 2022 notes that:
Pupils are safe and happy. They welcome the personal and academic support that teachers provide. Pupils respond well to teachers' high expectations. They achieve well and many go on to attend top Universities. Pupils appreciate the consideration given to their mental health. They say that school is like a second home. Pupils' behaviour is excellent and teachers and pupils show respect for each other. The offer for pupils' wider development is extensive.
Central Foundation is a fantastic and fulfilling place to work. This is reflected in our high staff retention rates, with a number of current staff having served over 15 years with us.
Central Foundation Girls’ School offers:
- A bespoke CPD program for all staff, including time to take part in cross faculty collaboration, supported by an up-to-date professional development library.
- An excellent reputation in the local community.
- A highly-skilled, enthusiastic and friendly team of teachers and support staff.
- A student leadership programme which ensures our students are aspirational and hard working.
- A strong commitment and vision for staff wellbeing.
- Teaching and support staff working at CFGS have access to the Employee Assistance Programme which provides staff free access to their 24/7 counselling, legal and information line.
- Flexi-days, where teaching staff and support staff are able to book a morning or afternoon off work throughout the year.
- Free access to the school gym, which contains a full range of cardio equipment and free-weights.
- The Cycle to Work scheme and Techscheme, for the purchase of personal electronic equipment.
- A staff social committee who plan and facilitate opportunities for colleagues to socialise outside of school hours.